I'm taking a break from my 30 Days of Thanksgiving posts to share some personal thoughts. Earlier this week, we heard the news of a tragedy that affected Michael's hometown. A 37 year old... a daughter, a wife, a mother... was tragically killed in a weather related car accident just outside of Amarillo.
I did not know her. I knew of her, but did not know her personally. Soon after hearing the news of her death I came across this video that was made almost a year ago to the date of her death. I've watched it a few times now and thought I would share it. Even though I did not know this beautiful woman, her words have touched my heart deeply. The morning after Michael received the call of her accident, I broke down crying after I realized that we were the same age. Only 37.
Take a moment and watch her video. What a powerful reminder to remember to Outlive Your Life.
The morning of her death, Denai recorded a message on Grief- Loss of a Spouse, Parent, Child(ren) on blogtalkradio. You can listen to it here.
My prayers continue for those who knew Denai. For her family and friends. I wish I had known her. What a beautiful testimony her life was... and continues to be.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment