Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

I've fallen behind.  Life has been so busy lately and there has not been enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Day 6:
Today I am thankful for the extended family I gained when I married Michael.  I have been blessed with some of the best in-laws!  To each of you, I love you as my own family!

Day 7:
Today I am thankful for my nursing degree.  It was a struggle to obtain, but I am so glad I held in there and got through school.  I am blessed everyday to be a nurse.

Day 8:
Today I am thankful that I was given another opportunity to hug my children.  Last night a 37 year old woman from Michael's hometown was killed in a car accident.  While I didn't know her personally, my heart just aches for her family.  This morning I broke down crying just thinking about how we are the same age.  We are both mothers, wives, daughters... Today I am thankful for another day.  Everything can change in the blink of an eye.

~jen

No comments: