Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Day 16:
Today I am thankful for Peppermint Mocha's.  I love these especially on a cold morning!

Day 17:
Today I am thankful for my new Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout DVD's that arrived today!  So very excited to get started.  I love my Body Combat class at the town club, but too many times I am unable to attend the classes.  Now I can workout at home with my favorite workout partner... Caden!  He loved the one or two times he got to go with me to the Combat class (until they restricted the class to just adults!).

Day 18:
Today I am thankful for the job that I am blessed to be a part of.  Today was our Celebration of Life service.  Prior to every holiday season, families who have lost loved ones during the year are invited to attend the service.  Each family member brings an ornament to place on an empty Christmas tree.  Ornaments from the previous years are displayed on separate trees.  I spent several minutes looking at the ornaments from the previous years.  Tears quickly fell as I realized each ornament represented someone's loved one who passed away.  After the service, we had to take down the trees.  Each ornament was carefully wrapped and placed in a box for next year's service.  It is a privilege and honor to be apart of these families lives.

No comments: