Tuesday, September 4, 2007

1st Day of Pre-K!!

Today was Caden's first day of Pre-K. I think he was up about 5 times throughout the night...just so excited for it be morning. He and I went and had breakfast at McDonald's (aka Mr. Donald's per Caden). We had a nice time. Of course, the whole time I am fighting back the tears knowing what's ahead.

Once at school, Caden seemed a little shy, but not scared. He gave each of his teachers a bag of goodies, found his spot to hang his back-pack, and then sat in his seat to begin playing with play-dough (one of his favorite activities!). He gave me a great big good-bye hug and kiss and asked what time I would pick him up. That was it. No big deal.

I did well until it was time to leave. I didn't dare let him see the tears even through our good-bye hug. But as I was hugging Keri, one of his teachers, on my way out... they came. So I quickly left. Made it to my car and then sobbed. This is so hard. Caden is my baby. I know he isn't a baby anymore. But starting school is a new chapter for him... and for me. It's the beginning of the last of the "firsts". He is the youngest, so every "first" he has is the last for us to experience.

I know he is going to have a great day. Knowing Keri is there, makes it so much more easier. I know he is going to be safe, loved, nurtured and he is getting a great start to his education.

Hopefully I can make until 2:30. I am so excited to hear all about his day.

Here are some pictures of the morning:

*1st Day of Pre-K picture


*Close up of Caden's new smile

*Sitting in his seat in his classroom

~jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Thank you for the toothless grin picture of Caden, he looked so sweet. He will be fine and so will you. Use this time to do some things for you, it will be nice. Love you,
Mom

Keri said...

Jen, we had a great day!!! Caden is precious and I adore him. I hope he told you that I got to sit next to him at lunch. He told me all about him playing soccer and practice.

~renay~ said...

What a cute picture of Caden. Caden is such an adorable little boy that has so much to offer to his class. He is going to do GREAT in Pre-K. I love you all!