Caden made it through his first day of Pre-K! His Mommy did too!
Caden's first words when I picked him up: "I didn't get in time-out today!". Yeah! I was glad to hear that! :) Then he said he had the nicest teacher and he really likes Ms. Keri. She sat by him at lunch and they talked about soccer. Overall, I think he had a great first day. He really thinks he is such a big boy now and can't wait for Thursday to get here!
As for me.... I did pretty well. I stayed very busy all day. After dropping him off, I came home for a little while then decided to go get a manicure and pedicure. Confession: I have never had a pedicure. I have always wanted one, but never had enough courage. (Somewhere in the back of my mind is the scene from Steel Magnolias when Annelle has to give Ouiser a pedicure.) But I decided to give it a try. The massage chair was probably my favorite part. I didn't really enjoy the pedicure experience. The water was way too hot, the lady nicked one of my cuticles (then the nurse in me thought... wonder what kind of staph infection I could get from that!), I hated when she used the pumice stone on the bottom of my feet...but the best part is that my toenails look so pretty. I chose a pretty shade of pink and she painted some flowers on my big toenails! Too cute! We decided that I didn't really need a full manicure, so she just cleaned up my fingernails and put a clear coat on them.
Over the past few days I have been thinking a lot about a number of things... from Caden starting preschool to Cody being in high school next year... and one of the bigger ones is my weight. I decided over the weekend that it was time to make some changes. So after my spa experience I joined Weight Watchers. It was very depressing to see my weight right there on paper... in black and white. There was no denying it. Time to face reality. Time to make some serious changes. Time to commit. Time to get healthy. Time to lose the weight and keep it off.
My short term goal is at least 30 pounds lost by Christmas. So there it is...I've made it public... it holds me more accountable if everyone knows. I'll post on Tuesdays about the progress I am making.... which will be more for me personally. I can look back and see how I've done and hopefully I will stay on track to make my goal.
~jen
1 comment:
Jennifer,
I am glad you and Caden made it through his first day of pre-school. I am also glad you took time out for you, you need to pamper yourself from time to time. I am also excited about your joing Weight Watchers, your Dad and I need to get with it on our weight. Maybe, we can all be an encouragement to each other in that endeavor. Your Dad and I, Papa and Granny, are coming Oct. 16 for 2 nights to see Cody play football. Will tell you more on that later, just wanted you to know how excited we are to be coming. It's been a while since we've been to Amarillo. Hope Cody and Mike are doing ok. Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment