I decided to go ahead and weigh-in today (a day early) while at the gym and I have lost another 3 lbs! Yahoo! I can't believe it. It really feels good. Thanks to you all for your support.
A Day at the Fair:
After a workout at the gym with Renay and Keri, we all went to the Tri-State Fair. We met Melissa, a friend of Keri's, there. I am sure we were quite a sight with a group of 4 adults and 7 kids! Wow! I have never been to the fair. It was quite a lot to take in. I figured out that as far as food goes it has to be one of two things to be considered "Fair" food.... it has to be fried or it has to be on a stick! I saw signs for fried pickles, fried ice cream, and fried s'mores!
Now since I have been so good lately with my diet and work-out regimen, I decided that it was ok to treat myself (which is why I weighed in today and not tomorrow!). So I had a corn dog (regular sized, not the foot-long ones!), we all shared some Texas Tators, and then Caden and I shared a funnel cake. I have to say the corn dog was really good and I should have stopped there. After the funnel cake, I could literally feel my arteries clogging and my stomach didn't feel so well either!
After lunch we walked over to the textiles exhibit and took in all the hand-made goods. We saw some really good-looking pies and baked goods. We also saw some beautiful photography. I think next year I may enter in some things. I think I could enter in a few baked goods and maybe even a photograph or two! :)
Afterwards we were going to watch a gentleman whittle some wood... with a chainsaw... but the winds were so strong today and the exhaust from his chainsaw was a little too much. Caden was also distracted by a mechanical bull behind us, so we soon found ourselves watching Caden ride a bucking bull! Yee-haw, cowboy!
We made our to the petting zoo exhibit and most of the kids really had a good time petting all the animals.
It was really a great day spent with great friends!
Here are some pictures of the afternoon.
~jen


*Caden was so serious at first while on the bull, he kept a close eye on the gentleman working the controls of the bull... but then he finally lightened up. I tried to get a picture of him with one arm up in the air, but whenever I asked him to hold up his hand... he would only do it for literally 2 seconds and then he had it securely fastened to the rope!





*Yuck! Believe me, if I could have covered Caden and I from head to toe with alcohol gel after petting the animals... I would have! We did get our hands cleaned and then went straight home and had a bath!

1 comment:
Too cute Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go on your weight loss!!!!!
Keep it up!
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment