I have always thought I had the most wonderful sets of grandparents. That hasn't changed. I know that I am blessed to have my Papa, Granny, Grandma, and Pa still living and an active part of my life.
Some of my most favorite memories are these:
-All the trips to Lake Diversion with Grandma and Pa
-The summers I spent on the road with Granny and Papa in a non-air conditioned Studebaker traveling to a Studebaker Convention
-My Grandma's chocolate chip cookies
-Watching my Granny work in her beauty shop
-Pa teaching me how to drive the Suburban
-Papa picking me up in Electra to ride the train
-Riding on the Joy Bus after church
-My Granny's Christmas Day meal
There are so many more that I could list. I will truly cherish each memory. What gives me even more pleasure is knowing that my kids will each have memories of not only their grandparents but their great-grandparents as well!
We are truly blessed.
Grandparent's Poem
~Author Unknown~
There is a special kind of love that grandchildren have for their grandparents.
It's filled with respect for their wisdom and accomplishments
with gratitude for the values they've given us
with delight in the stories of our family that they remember and share.
It's a special kind of love that's built on a lifetime of caring and giving.
It's the kind of love that's felt for you,
Granny and Papa, Grandma and Pa.... today and always.
With much love to Granny, Papa, Grandma, and Pa...
Happy Grandparent's Day!
Happy Grandparent's Day!
Love,
~Jennifer
~Jennifer
PS... A special thank you to Mom, Dad, Donnie and Marcia for being such great grandparents to Cody and Caden. Mike and I appreciate all that you do for the boys!
1 comment:
Thank you Jennifer for all your comments regarding your grand-parents, Cody and Caden's great-grandparents and us. We love you and appeciate how well you are raising your 2 boys, and making wonderful memories for them. Love you, Dad and Mom
Post a Comment