Tuesday, September 25, 2007

14 years and counting....


14 years ago, Mike and I were married. For better, for worse. Over the years, we've had our share of the "for worse". But, somehow we made it through the darkest moments and have come out better than when we started.
One of my favorite songs is one of Brooks and Dunn, titled Proud of the House We Built. I can truly say I am proud of this house that Mike and I have built. We have come so far, and looking back, there are probably some moments that I wish hadn't happened, but it's those moments that have made us stronger.
Happy Anniversary, Michael. I love you today... and always.
~jen

2 comments:

~renay~ said...

I found a picture of all of us at your wedding a few weeks ago and honestly....we all look so YOUNG!! Of, course you and I had to have the BIG hair that took up pretty much most of the picture, but you know you have to do it big to do it right! ~;-) I love you guys and am proud that you have made your marriage work thru the good and bad times. God bless you and your entire family!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I am sorry I didn't get a card off to you and Mike on your anniversary. I am proud that the two of you have hung in there, when the tough times came. Those times are really a test and can serve to show how really strong and devoted you can be in your marriage. I hope the years to come only make you both that much stronger and truly devoted to each other and to the boys. We love you all and are thankful for you. God has blessed our families in so many ways, and family in God is what it is all about. Congratulations on your 14 years together.
Love you,
Dad and Mom