On Friday I received a text message from my dad asking if everything was ok because he hadn't seen any recent posts to my blog. :)
I'm ok. It's just been a crazy, stressful start to the new year. In fact I'm declaring a new new year.
Everyone is doing well. (Thank goodness.) Cody has his post-op follow-up appointment this afternoon. I let him participate in his game on Saturday even though he hadn't been released from the doctor. AHS won against Midland. (Thanks Marcia for going to Cody's game.... Cody and Caden had games at the same time!)
Caden's last stomach bug was limited to the 24 hour variety and he is doing well. He started basketball this past week. Below are videos from his first game. He absolutely loves to do anything Cody does so he was so excited for basketball to start. Caden gives his all during each game and practice. He smiles the entire game. I love that about him. I know he will outgrow this stage and the competitive stage will set in; I just hope he always remembers to love the game and have fun.
Mike's doing ok. For those of you who haven't heard, his grandmother passed away January 7th. Louise was a wonderful person. The legacy that she has left behind is amazing... 23 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren. I am blessed to have had her as my grandmother-in-law. I know Mike was blessed to have her as his grandmother.
Things at the dealership are very slow. Terribly slow. The worst they've ever been. I'm trying to have faith that his job will remain secure. Prayers would be appreciated.
Brighter news... the Steelers' are headed for the Super Bowl! I was a nervous wreck last night with all the yelling... screaming... clapping... up and down out of the recliner... more yelling. I kept busy and only watched once I knew the win was inevitable. Thank goodness they won. :)
As for me... I'm doing ok. Just taking everything day by day and trying not worry and think too much about the future. There's so much uncertainty and worry. I'm working 2 jobs now. Last week I worked 55 hours. This week will be close to 50. Prayers for me would be appreciated, too. I know we will get through these trying times. All I have to do is look back through this blog and see what all we've already overcome.
Sorry for the delay in posts... just been busy living life. :)
~j
3 comments:
Welcome back to the blogosphere. You've been missed, but I understand. Best of wishes and definitely prayers for your new new year.
i thought about i new new year as well. i also decided that i roll with the punches, i just wish they would slow down. i never thought i would be up against rocky. glad you are back and you guys are in my prayers
I too have been missing your posts:) Take care.
Post a Comment