Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update

I'm back at the hospital now. I've been back for a while. Caden and I were able to go home earlier and take a nap, and I was able to take a much needed bath and change clothes. Mike and Cody were able to get in a good nap as well while we were gone.

Cody's had many visitors today. Lots of family and friends stopped by to see him. It's a good feeling to know so many care for him. It didn't take long for the word to spread throughout his friends. 3 of his basketball teammates stopped by to see him. They gave him a hard time for not wanting to play against Tascosa tomorrow night that he had to go and have surgery of all things. That got a smile from Cody. I think tomorrow's game is probably the hardest one to miss.

Cody's doing better this evening. He's still hurting some. It's under control now though. Not like before. He's taken a shot in his toosh. He didn't want to, but it was too early for pain medication by mouth. He would more than likely become nauseated and would have ended up throwing up any oral medication, so he agreed to the shot. It seems to have taken the edge off. He says he doesn't have pain like he did earlier, just muscle soreness. When you have a six pack of abs like Cody does, I would imagine those muscles would be very sore after having metal rods inserted through them.

Hopefully he will rest well tonight and the pain will stay under control. I'll post another update in the morning.

~jen

No comments: