I went to the urologist today.
For the most part everything looks "good". I'll start with the good news. Both of the stones in the left kidney were broken up and all that remains is the left-over "sludge" (tiny fragments of the stones, which need to be flushed out of the kidney). I do still have 1 stone in the right kidney. Dr. Pate removed the stent. I'll spare you the details. It wasn't as bad as it was 14 years ago, but still not a pleasant experience.
I will go back in 3 weeks for a check-up and we will begin some testing to find out why I am making the stones.
The bad news is that I may have to repeat this whole process in a few weeks to a few months to treat the stone in the right kidney. ~sigh~
As for now... I am hurting, but I probably did to much this afternoon after the appointment (went to Wal-Mart) so hopefully I can rest up over the next couple of days. I will be returning to work on Friday. ~double sigh~ :)
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, phone calls, and for everything else. Mike and I really appreciate everything.
Love,
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment