Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Toy Commercials on the Rise

Yesterday while Caden was watching some cartoons he lets out this horrible... something is attacking me... I'm hurt... please hurry... "M-O-M-M-Y" scream. I immediately come running down the hall expecting to see one of my worst nightmare scenarios. I find Caden sitting the living room in the recliner, pointing at the TV and he calmly tells me.... "I want that for Christmas". WHAT?!?.... where's the emergency.... heart rate slowly decreasing from 160's... are you kidding me... you yell at the top of your lungs... only to tell me you have found yet another must-have toy for Christmas!
I calmly catch my breath and tell Caden that yelling "Mommy" like that is just for emergencies... like when he is hurt. He smiles and says "ok... but can I have that toy for Christmas?".
Is it just me... but as we get closer to Christmas is every commercial for a toy? :)
~jen

No comments: