Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, and More Pumpkins

Caden and I went to a local pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins for carving. We had a great time. (Cody being the typical 13 year old was too cool to go to the pumpkin patch with us... he decided he needed to start some basketball training at our gym this afternoon!) Caden and I, (I say that loosely... it was mostly me... carved 3 pumpkins. We made a cat, a silly face, and a toned-down version of a scary face. Enjoy the pictures!

~jen
By the way.... if you haven't carved your pumpkins yet, which I recommend waiting until next weekend... ours are already looking pretty dreary, here is a great link for your kiddos to create their own Pumpkin Stencil from Better Homes and Gardens' website! Even if you don't use it for carving, the kids will have fun creating different looks for the pumpkin! You may have to create a profile to use the website... but it's free and there are a ton of ideas for the holidays!

*These were some "bumpy" pumpkins!


*Caden's totally disgusted by the "gooey stuff". The look on his face was hilarious.


*Caden's saying "oooeeeyyy!". Cleaning out the pumpkins was not his favorite part of the carving process!


*Now for all of you who are noticing the knife... I was right beside Cade and had my hands on top of his while we were cutting the pumpkin (well, except for the few seconds that it took for me to snap this pic!) :)

No comments: