Tuesday, October 30, 2007

End of the Season

Cody's team lost today. It was heartbreaking to witness. They came into the game undefeated, and started strong with a touchdown right at the beginning of the 1st quarter, but the other team surprised the boys with a touchdown of their own. From there on, the boys just couldn't seem to get it together. Cody played one of his best games of the season, though. He had a couple of really great tackles right when we needed them and he even had an awesome interception. Unfortunately between him and his teammates, it wasn't enough to hold the other team from winning.
It was such a disappointing loss for the players and for the parents. I think I yelled the entire game. I was hoarse before the game... so you can only imagine how I sound now. My hands are raw and sore from clapping. I wanted this win probably more than Cody. I wanted what may possibly be his last football game to be one he remembered for all times. Maybe it still will be. Even though they lost... he played great.
~deep breath~ the tears are coming....
It is so hard to watch Cody grow up before my eyes.... I can't tell you how proud I am of this amazing young man. I know that there are still amazing moments to be had and I can't wait to experience them right along side of him.
~jen

No comments: