Last night (1:15 this morning) I had Mike drive me to our ER due to severe back pain. I had a feeling that it was a kidney stone, but after hours of no pain relief, I decided it was best to go ahead and go to the hospital, just to be sure.
Of course, once I got to the hospital, the pain became much more tolerable. A CT scan was ordered and not only did they find a stone traveling ever-so-slowly from my left kidney to my bladder, but a second larger stone is in my right kidney. The nurse taking care of me couldn't believe that I wouldn't let him give me any pain medicine. He kept on telling me how many grown men had come in with stones smaller than mine screaming in pain! But since I was comfortable for the most part, I decided that I didn't really need anything. After a liter of IV fluid and an IV antibiotic (I also have an infection), and a referral to a urologist, I was released at 5:45 this morning.
I've been ok today.... really tired and still hurting. I ended up taking a pain pill around 11:30. Boy did that knock me out! Luckily Caden was willing to take a nap, so we ended up taking about a 3 hour nap together!
I have an appointment with a urologist for next Tuesday afternoon. I am very anxious about going. When I was pregnant with Cody I had some kidney problems which required a stent placement (small tube to keep the tube from my kidney to the bladder open). That whole ordeal was horrible. I hurt for the entire time the stent was in. Of course they removed it in the office a few weeks before I had Cody and that was hands-down worse than my entire labor and delivery! So, to say the least... I am very nervous about going to the urologist next week.
I would appreciate your prayers that all will be resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible!
:)
Thanks,
~jen
3 comments:
All I can say is OOOOOCCCCHHHHH~~~~
I will be praying that everything goes smoothly. Will they pass on thier own or are they too big??
Jennifer,
Your Dad and I are praying that all will be ok and that you can pass these stones without any other medical intervention. Just keep us up to date and let us know if you need us there. We love and are praying for you, as the rest of the family also.
Love you,
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment