Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bike Helmet

Here's another Caden story for you all!

Earlier today I drove Cody out to the golf course. Caden knew we were getting ready to leave, so he ran outside ahead of us to get in a quick bicycle ride. He had his helmet on and as we were getting loaded up I asked Caden to take off his helmet while we were in the car. To be quite honest he looked a little silly sitting in his car seat with his bicycle helmet on and I was a little embarrassed.

Well, he said no way, he wanted to wear it. I'm learning to let go of the small stuff and only fight the big battles, so I just said ok.

We had to stop by Mike's office to pick up Cody's golf clubs, and as we were waiting, Mike came out to the car to say hello. Of course Mike's grinning from ear to ear once he sees Caden sitting in the back seat with his bicycle helmet securely fastened to his head. He asks Caden why he has on his bike helmet. Caden replies... just in case mommy crashes... she's a crazy driver.

Thanks, Caden.

~jen

1 comment:

Keri said...

Send him to school in it because we are crazy teachers!

That is so funny!!!!