-Cody is officially registered and ready for school. He has a great schedule, with some of the same teachers that he had last year. He went up to the school early this morning to check out his football gear! Now the excitement has really begun! I just hope I can deal with him complaining next week about all the running that I know he will be doing! Practices are after school this year... it's still pretty hot these days, so I hope he survives!
-Cody and a friend of his had their cell phones broken by a high school kid last weekend while at the town club. The police were called and the boys (and us) filed a police report. We've been told that the chances of anything happening to the boy who broke the phones were slim. He basically had to confess. There was a witness to the high school boy rummaging through Cody and his friend's things, but not to actually breaking the phones. It was really hard to tell Cody that the high school boy may never be punished for his action. It is such a violating feeling. I am proud of Cody for standing up for himself and doing the right thing, though. Hopefully nothing further will happen between him and the high school boy (and/or the high school boy's friends!). Cody received a new cell phone in the mail today, so he is excited to be "whole" again. What in the world did we do before cell phones!
-Caden is also registered for school. We have decided to wait another year before starting Caden in Kindergarten. He will still attend our local elementary school for speech therapy each week. He will have a new speech teacher this year and we are excited to meet her. He will also begin a "pre-school" this fall at Central Church of Christ's Kid University. He will attend "school" 2 days a week on Tuesday and Thursdays. My good friend Renay's sister, Keri, is a teacher there and Caden will be in her class. I am so excited for Caden. I know Keri is going to be a great teacher and it will be very comforting knowing that she will be taking care of him. It really helps to ease my mind some! Maybe I won't worry.... as much! I know this will be a great opportunity for him and will prepare him for Kindergarten next year.
-Caden has started soccer. He has caught on quickly and he tells me all the time that the # 1 rule in soccer is NO HANDS! His coach did a great job getting that rule across to the kids. I was a little nervous about his coach because he is one of the head soccer coaches at a local high school and also coaches an Amarillo soccer team. But, he has been great! We are excited to watch Caden play this fall. I am sure it will be fun to watch!



Hope all is well with each of you.
~jen
2 comments:
Cade is so adorable....It is so hard for me to believe that Cody has grown up so much. I hate to state the obvious, but he will be graduating High School before we know it. I love you so much Jen and am so proud of the mother you are to your precious boys.
Thank you, Renay. I can't tell you how thankful I am each day for the relationship that I have with you. I love you, too. :)
Post a Comment