Well, I am sitting at my computer with a smile on my face because this year's golf tournament season is
O-V-E-R! Yeah! Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love to watch Cody play. I get just as excited as he does when he hits the ball well or makes an awesome putt. I love to watch him compete and have a wonderful time with all of his new and old golfing buddies. This group of boys will be competing against each other for the next 4-5 years, but hopefully they will all remain such great supportive friends to each other.
Cody lost today's round and was eliminated from the tournament. It was a disappointment to him, but he understands that he was playing against some boys who were physically stronger and more mature than him. I only wish he could have played in his own age bracket. Even though he lost this tournament, he played very close to the level that the boys who were 3-5 years older than him played. He gave them a run over these past 2 days and I am so proud of him for the way he played!
Cody has come a long way this tournament season when compared to last year's. Last year in Cody's age bracket, he tied for 82nd place (out of 105 players). This year, Cody placed 12th (out of 99 players). These players are from the West Texas Region and play/live anywhere from Dalhart, to Amarillo, to Lubbock, and all the way down to Midland and Odessa. I can't tell you how proud Mike and I are of Cody and all that he has accomplished this year. He has improved so much and we have so much to look forward to next year!
Now that golf is over.... get ready for some football! Only 3 more weeks and the football season officially begins! Also, for you soccer fans.... Caden starts soccer in a couple of weeks! So get ready for some great highlights from Caden, too!
The boys and I are leaving tomorrow for a weekend trip to my grandparents. My mom and dad will also be there. We are looking forward to spending some much needed family time with them.
Take care everyone.
~jen
1 comment:
YEAH!! Now on to Football. :) There is always something going on HuH???? Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you Monday.
Love ya!
Post a Comment