We have been going non-stop since about 8:30 this morning (that doesn't include that fact that I woke up for some unknown reason at 5:30 this morning). Cody had the first part of his last (at least I hope his last) tournament today. Cody is having to play with the 16-18 age group boys during this tournament because Mike and I have a major communication problem! Mike thought that I had signed Cody up for this tournament weeks ago, and I thought he had signed him up (because Mike was the one that even brought up the idea of Cody playing in the tournament!). Well of course on Friday evening we all realized that no one had signed Cody up. And boy, was Cody ever upset. I am sure that if there was a "Worst Mother of the Year" award I would have been nominated! Why the brunt of the disappointment was directed towards me and not equally towards Mike and I, I don't know; but, boy was he upset with me! (Oh the joys of parenting!) Anyway, we got Cody signed up, but the only available slot was in the 16-18 age group.
I am really proud of Cody, though. He played very well today considering he was playing against boys 3-5 years older, stronger, and more mature in the game of golf than him. I got tickled at him because he came up to me and said, "Do you realize that I playing against boys that can drive cars! They drove themselves to this tournament, mom.". I think he thought he was pretty cool playing with the big boys! And I am sure he was a little embarrassed having his mom there!
After a tough day, he lost today's round. But since it is a double elimination, he plays again tomorrow morning. If he wins, then he will play in the finals on Thursday; if he loses, then he is done.
Caden made it through about half of the tournament so he and I decided to take a break. Our dog has been limping for the past couple of days and since it seemed to be getting worse, he and I took our dog to our vet. Caden loves the vet's office. Boomer, on the other hand took a long time to warm up to the place. I had to literally drag him into the office! After an examination and x-ray, it was decided that Boomer has a soft tissue injury to his front paw. No broken bones, thank goodness! He got an injection of a NSAID and some pain pills to take over the next few days. Hopefully he will be back to his playful self again. Even though he has not whimpered once, it is so hard to see him limping!
Of course after that I had to drive back to the golf course and pick up Cody. Then onto home to drop off the kids, and then to what else... the grocery store! I have worked the past 2 days, so the grocery supply at our house was limited! I think after all the trips today, I put close to 75 miles on my car!
Again... Whew, what a day!
As much as I would like to say that I could rest tomorrow... oh, no, we have Day #2 of the tournament to go to!
When does school start? Because I need a break! :)
Hope everyone is well. Love to you all.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment