Monday, August 27, 2007

1st Day of 8th Grade!!

Well I just got home from taking Cody to school! I cannot believe he is in 8th grade! We are now 1 year away from high school!
He actually woke up on his own this morning....before me! I was quite proud (and happy to avoid the whole wake-up Cody routine!)!

I tried to do my best "mom" speech this morning. I tried to remind him to stay organized, keep on top of his homework, be respectful, be nice to the 6th graders even though he is a "big boy" on campus this year, do his best in each class and athletics, and to have fun. Do you know what Cody's response was.... he mooned me! Not a "full" moon, but a half-moon (all I saw was underwear!). What respect this child of mine has for his mom! :)

I had to threaten him to get this picture. I told him that if he didn't do it, that I would make sure he arrived to school late! It is a tradition... I get a picture on the first day of each school year... it doesn't matter what grade he is in, I'll do this all the way through high school! This one is a great "I can't believe you are making me do this, mom" picture.
I pray that he will always be safe and well-cared for while he is in school. I don't care how old he is, I want him to be in an environment that he feels safe in. I pray that he does well this year in both academics and athletics. I hope he has a ton of fun. I hope he cherishes every moment!
Have a great day everyone!
~jen

5 comments:

~renay~ said...

Cody is so grown up looking....I hope that he has a GREAT first day of school.

Anonymous said...

Cody looks like he is ready for a firing squad:) I can't believe he is in the 8th grade. Time flies by so fast. The day this precious little boy came into our world, he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen, besides you and BJ. He is a very special young man and is loved by many, especially by his Pawpaw and Mimi. Hope Cody and Caden both have a good school year. Love you, Mom

PS: Caden was a beautiful baby also, but what an expressive little boy he is!

Anonymous said...

By the way did you get a new couch and can you believe I am up this early. I had the Caudal procedure yesterday afternoon, and I didn't have a good night, was hurting on my left side of my hip and down my leg. Hope it is better today.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

This following article was taken from House to House/Heart to Heart and was in our church bulletin. I thought it was really good for all parents, grandparents, parents to be and anyone who works with children or students.

THE ABC's of PARENTHOOD
A-Always trust your children to God's care. Matthew 19:14
B-Bring them to worship and Bible School Hebrews 10:25
C-Challenge them to high goals in life Ecclesiates 9:10
D-Delight in their achievements Romans 12:15
E-Exalt the Lord in their presence at every opportunity Psalms 34:3
F-Frown on evil Proverbs 25:33
G-Give them love Titus 2:3-5
H-Hear their problems James 1:19
I-Ignore not their childish fears I Thessalonians 5:11
J-Joyfully accept their apologies Romans 15:7
K-Keep their confidences Proverbs 25:11
L-Live a good example before them at all times Matthew 5:14-16
M-Make them your best friends Genesis 44:10
N-Never ignore their endless questions I Peter 3:15
O-Open your home to their friends Hebrews 13:1-2
P-Pray for them by name daily I Thessalonians 5:17
Q-Quicken your interest in their spirituality Matthew 5:13
R-Remember their needs Philippians 2:4
S-Show them the way of salvation Acts 16:17
T-Teach them to work and be responsible I Timothy 5:8
U-Understand they still need you, even when they are older Psalm 71:18
V-Verify your statements Romans 12:17
W-Wean them from bad company Romans 12:17
X-Xpect them to obey Ephesians
6:1-3
Y-Yearn for God's best for them Numbers 6:24
Z-Zealously guide them in biblical truths Proverbs 22:6

Jennifer said...

Mom,
4:48 is pretty early! Sorry you didn't have a good night, hopefully today will be better. No, I didn't get a new couch... just a slipcover. Thanks for the ABC's. Talk to you soon.
~jen