Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's on my mind....

.... so much this evening.  Who knows what rambling may occur with this post.

I feel myself falling into that old familiar slump.  Sadness has a way of creeping in and taking over.  I was so looking forward to my weekend getaway to see my family and attend a family reunion.  The miles that separate us seem to go on and on forever.  Too many months pass between visits.  Hugs that were given seem to fade and need to recharged to last till the next visit.  Mom and I had been counting down the days till we could see each other and sneak in a long overdue trip to Sam Moon (with Dad's credit card, of course!)!  Instead the boys and I had to turn around at Childress and head home.  Praying that whatever was wrong with my car would hold off just a bit longer so we could just make it home.

The Young Family Reunion was missed.  Family that I haven't seen in years will have to wait till the next reunion.  Hugs from my parents and grandparents will have to wait till the next trip.  Praying that next trip won't be too far from now.  A few months between visits can easily slip into several months between visits.  We get too busy with "life".  Work, school, golf, football, finances, messed up cars... all a part of life.  Somewhere in there the balance gets out of whack.  What's really important gets lost in the day to day shuffle of life.

I miss my family every day.  Not a day goes by that one of them doesn't cross my mind.  So now, I wait till the next trip.  The next weekend getaway.  I pray I don't have to wait too long.  Until then, I wait.  Holding onto that last hug.

~jen  

No comments: