Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finding my focus.

I think I've found my blogging mojo.  Third day in a row post mojo.  Wow.  We'll see how long I can keep this up.  I'm sure I'll run out of things to talk about.  Oh wait... golf starts back soon.  There will be my something to talk about!  

I started back to working out this week.  Took it easy Monday with a treadmill work out.  First though, I had to face my fear.  Face the inevitable.  Face my lack of exercise.  Dum, dum, dummm.  I had to face the scale.

I knew for sure that my month long sabbatical from exercise and dieting would result in a gain of the 20 pounds I'd lost.  I just knew it.  I could feel it.  The verdict... 3 pounds.  Now, while I'm silently breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't gain 20 pounds, the gnawing in my stomach wasn't the extra 3 pounds, it was the thought of where could I have been had I not quit.  Could I have been down another 10, another 15?  Quite possibly.

Tonight I made it back to aerobics.  There were a few... "Hey, where have you been?" comments from my fellow combaters.  Which was nice to hear.  It was that accountability that I needed.  Of course, those comments were from strangers, but still they cared enough to send me that little bit of reminder that I hadn't been where I should have been.

I am hopeful that I will get my focus back.  I've still got a long way to go.  A l-o-n-g way to go.  Got to stay focused on the road ahead.
~jen

1 comment:

Keri said...

Stay focused Jen! I know it is hard to concentrate on ourselves as moms but you can do it. I've been doing pilates at ATC and they are kicking my rear. LITERALLY!!! I haven't ever been into those types of classes but I'm determined to conquer that roll-up. I might die trying but I'm going to try!!! Maybe I'll see you there. Are you a morning, afternoon, or evening gym person?