On our way to get an after-school snack from Bahama Buck's (local sno-cone place) Caden and I had the following conversation:
Caden: Mom?
Me: Yes, Caden
Caden: Did you know that I have a girlfriend?
Me: No... really? What is her name?
Caden: Elizabeth
Me: That's a pretty name, Caden.
Caden: Yep.
A few minutes of silence, then:
Caden: Mom?
Me: Yes...
Caden: I actually have 3 girlfriends.
Me: Wow, 3's a lot, Caden. Who are the other 2 girls?
Caden: Well, Cody's girlfriend, Joy, and then that other girl that is Cody's friend... what's her name... you know... the one that came over to our house?
Me: Brandi?
Caden: Yea, Brandi.
Me: I don't think it's a good idea to have 3 girlfriends Caden. Especially one that is Cody's girlfriend.
Caden: Why?
Me: Just because. You are not supposed to share girlfriends.
Caden: Oh.
A few minutes pass and then I hear Caden whisper:
Well, I'm going to have 3 girlfriends if I want.
End of conversation.
:)
~jen
1 comment:
Man....Mom you are no fun....3 girlfriends isn't really that big of a deal....heee haaaa! I love to hear stories of conversations with him. Love you guys!
~r
Post a Comment