Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This Thing Called Life

Sometimes life is too much. Sometimes you just want to get off the merry-go-round that is life. Lately life has been complicated, frustrating, uneventful, too-eventful, crazy, want to yell-at-the top-of-your-lungs maddening, unfair, dramatic, a dollar short and a day late. For 2 weeks now I have been late to work. And by late to work... I mean a minute, 2 minutes late. Which is no big deal. Except for me because I'm always at least 10 minutes early. I feel rushed each morning trying to get myself ready for work, the boys ready then off to school, and me to work... with all the needed backpacks, books, folders, lunch money, water bottles, golf clubs, plans for who's picking up each child and taking them to daycare.. the golf course.. home.. picked up from daycare.. watching until Mike and/or I get home.. picked up and taken home from the golf course... AND on time to everything! Do you see where I am going with this? Crazy! You should see my master calendar on my refrigerator. In fact... here it is: (a little out of focus)

Everyone has a color (mine's pink, Cade's green, and Cody's orange). You can see that there is a lot going on... especially Mr. Orange. Key club, team dinner, PTA, Spanish club, work, ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support... my nemesis at this moment), hour lunches, fundraisers, golf tournaments, football games; we've got a ton of life to live.
Sometimes I wish life would slow down. Sometimes this thing called life is a little too much. :)
~jen

1 comment:

~renay~ said...

Girl, I don't know how you do it...but I think the cool calendar helps a lot....I'm going to steal the idea for myself.
Love ya!!!
~r