Friday, October 3, 2008

Homecoming (Part 2) Superheros Away...

Last night we attended the AHS homecoming parade. It was so much fun getting to decorate the golf carts for the boy's golf team. The theme for the parade was superheros so each team member wore a mask and a cape while driving the golf carts in the parade. It was a great night right up to the point that the skies opened up and the deluge started! Thankfully the rain held off until the very end of the parade! We skipped the pep-rally (1) because of the late hour and (2) I was quite soaked by the time Caden and I made it to our car. So Mike braved the pep rally alone. He has such good Sandie spirit (I hope you are catching my sarcasm!).

Tonight's the homecoming game. Cody is taking his girlfriend's mum over to her house this evening where we will hopefully get some good pictures. (At least that's the plan as of this morning. This is our 3rd plan in the past few days so I am expecting it to change again!) Caden's excited about the game. This morning while in the bathroom getting ready he was asking Cody who the Sandies' were playing and if Cody thought they would win. While I was combing Caden's hair he asked if I would paint his face for the game. Now he has some Sandie spirit!

I did make him a mini garter for the game tonight. I showed him Cody's mini garter from Cody's kindergarten year for Groom's homecoming and Caden said he really wanted one, too. It really turned out cute. I even added some more decorations to Cody's girlfriend's mum. I had such a good time working on these that I am honestly considering making mums and garters next year!

Here's some more pictures.

No comments: