Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homecoming Week (Part 1)

(There will be many more homecoming posts coming over the next few days!)

Last week Cody and I ordered his girlfriend's homecoming mum. This evening I picked it up. It is beautiful. So much so that the tears started as I was writing out the check. Yes... there could have been tears for the amount the mum cost... but the tears were more for the beginning of so much for Cody. So many moments that he will experience over these next few years. Homecoming is just part of it.

I'm embarrassed now at how the experience affected me. The poor girl ringing up the mum probably thought I was crazy. I'm not crazy. And you know what, I'm not going to be embarrassed for the tears anymore. The tears are apart of who I am. They're not always tears of sadness. Most of the time they are tears of joy and immense pride for Cody. I can't wait to experience the next 2 days with him. Tomorrow is the homecoming parade and pep rally and the homecoming game is on Friday night. I can't wait. I can't wait to meet old friends and new friends at the game and have a great night reliving some wonderful memories of being a Sandie.

No comments: