Mike called my cell phone 3 times in a row yesterday afternoon. I had it on vibrate and if it's in my jacket pocket, I don't always feel it vibrating. On the third call, I felt it vibrate and once I could get away I noticed he had been trying to call a few times. He knew I was at work, so I knew he would only call if it was something very important... like the kids are hurt or something worse.
I called him back and immediately asked "what's wrong?". He responds-somewhat out of breath- "I just about had a heart-attack!". I'm thinking... a real heart-attack, do I need to call an ambulance... what's going on!? I asked him if he was ok and his reply... "yeah, after almost being attacked by a bird in our house... I'm ok!". My response... "WHAT??? WHY IS THERE A BIRD IN OUR HOUSE? PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THERE IS BIRD CRAP EVERYWHERE!!!". His response... (much calmer now)... "I got the bird out, but -yes- there is some bird crap (he didn't use the word 'crap') in the kitchen.". My response... "how much bird crap?". Him... "just a little, which by the way... I can't clean up right now because I have to get back to work.". Me... "no, no, no... you need to clean that crap up now.".
Well... guess what I found when I got home.... bird poo (I'll stop using the word 'crap'). But I will confess last night I called it something worse than poo or crap once I discovered just how much "poo" was in my kitchen! (Anyone ready to come over for dinner now?) Then I immediately started thinking about my cream colored carpet... wondering... why is there only bird "poo" in my kitchen? Did the bird magically appear in my kitchen and only poop in there... or is there bird poo elsewhere... blending into my carpet... that I can't see. Believe me, I will probably vacuum my carpets 10 times today!
We have no idea how the bird got in the house. Hopefully it was just a one-time deal and there will be no more unwelcomed guests (of any variety!)
Welcome to home ownership!
:)
~jen
1 comment:
Lucky you were able to get the bird out quickly. You might want to make sure there are no birds nesting close to your home to prevent a repeat incident. Bird deterrents (humane and eco friendly) are available to keep birds from wanting to nest near your house. check out Bird-X. And be careful cleaning up the poo....over 60 potentially fatal diseases are contained in bird poo that can be transmitted to humans. You especially don't want to aerolize the poo and let the spores get into the air.
Post a Comment