Well... many of you know by my earlier email (and for a few of you... phone calls) I was offered a job at our hospital's Urgent Care Clinic. I had to sit through an interview with the director and five other nurses (I think I told someone earlier that it was 6... but as I sit here and count... it was only 5!). 5 or 6... it was still overwhelming to say the least. It was very relaxed and casual and once I relaxed a little it went very smoothly.
I feel as though a great weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. As sad as I am to leave my current job (because I truly love presenting our medical lessons) I know that this move is the right one financially. We have been struggling over the past few months. We've been fine... but with the added house expenses, moving expenses, taking off work to prepare for our move... things financially could be very difficult in the next month or so.
I know that there was a greater power in all of this. I know that my (and your) prayers were heard. And more importantly they were answered. God is good. :)
I pray now that I will be happy with this new job. It's going to be hard those first few months. Adjusting to the 12+ hour shifts again will take some time. Adjusting to a different kind of nursing will take some time. I am confident though, this is a good fit for me and I will enjoy the job.
Again, thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate all of your sweet "best wishes" and "congratulation" emails.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment