Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taking a deep breath

Breathe in, breathe out. That seems to be all I can do these days. Just when I think things will return to some sort of normalcy, things go south. Or in my case, north. For the last 24 hours I've been vomiting up my toenails. Or at least it sure felt that way. Good gracious. I am sore from my abdomen around to my back. I feel as though I've been on a sit-up marathon. The vomiting finally ceased early this morning. I only pray that it doesn't spread to anyone else around here.

Cody is doing ok. He returned to school yesterday and is already caught up in all of his classes except art. I am worried about him, though. He is very pale. He just doesn't look healthy. He tells me he feels ok. He's not hurting. I can tell that he is worn out. He's going to bed early every night. Right now he's laying on the couch watching TV. I plan on taking him to our family doctor in a couple of weeks for lab work that his GI surgeon ordered. I want our family doctor to take a look at Cody. Of course, if Cody seems to be getting worse, we will go to the doctor sooner.

Please continue to remember him in your prayers. Also, I have a prayer request for me. I've applied for a school nurse position within our school district. This job would be the best schedule (well second best, the best would be a stay-at-home schedule) for the kids and I.

This is all for now. I'm exhausted. It's been a long day. Even though I didn't accomplish much today other then sit on my tush or lay in bed, I feel as though I've worked all day. I do have to return to work tomorrow. Ugh. How I wish I didn't.

Until the next time...
~jen

No comments: