... we find ourselves in the hospital with Cody. Last night he came home from a friend's house vomiting and telling me that he was having severe abdominal pain... just like before his bowel obstruction. He kept vomiting once he was home and his abdominal pain continued to worsen. I knew this was something we couldn't take a wait and see approach, so I took him to our ER.
Thankfully, there wasn't a soul in the waiting room and we were immediately taken to a room. After numerous tests, xrays, CT scan, another NG tube (I don't want to ever have to witness that again), and a sonogram of his liver, gall bladder, and right kidney... we don't have any answers. The on-call GI surgeon said this could be the beginning of a bowel obstruction and it's too soon to visualize it on the CT or xray. He did mention that Cody's liver function tests are elevated and there is some free fluid near his gall bladder. He doesn't have any gallstones, so I'm not sure it's a gall bladder issue. He has an elevated white blood cell count, which reveals an infection somewhere. He had a slight fever through the night, but is getting IV antibiotics. Our GI surgeon will return tomorrow and will take over Cody's care.
I'm anxious for answers. Right now, we have no choice but to take the wait and see approach. His vomiting has stopped. He continued to vomit through the night even after the NG tube was placed. His pain is under control. So for now... we wait. And pray. Numerous prayers. Prayers that never cease. Prayers for healing. Prayers for understanding. Prayers for getting through another set back. Prayers for strength to get through more missed days of school and work.
So, until tomorrow's update.... please remember us in your prayers.
Have a blessed Easter,
~jen
1 comment:
Prayers out to you & Cody.
Post a Comment