It looks like we are staying at least one more day. Cody has developed some stomach cramping this morning. The doctor thinks it is best to stay one more day... just to be safe. I'm all about being safe. As much as I want him home, I want him to be home when he's physically ready.
He's done well today other than the occasional cramps. He's watching the UT/Colorado basketball game right now. He should have his IV hep-locked soon (he'll be off of IV fluids, but the IV catheter will remain in just in case he needs medication through the IV). I think he and I will take a walk to the cafeteria tonight to eat supper. Maybe he'll enjoy getting out of his room for a little while.
The doctor said he could return to school as early as Monday if he felt like it. His basketball season is over. His last game is Tuesday in Lubbock. He had planned to switch his schedule back to golf this week and rejoin the golf team. The doctor said he can start putting and chipping this week, but will have to wait 3 weeks before he can pick up a driver and fully swing a club.
So that's where we are today. Hopefully he will do ok the rest of the day. Hopefully the stomach cramping will subside. Hopefully he will be ready to go home tomorrow.
Hopefully.
~jen
1 comment:
Are you originally from the Burgh? I visited with friends in Spring, TX last May, and I had to give them a little education about the Pittsburgh Steelers. They haven't invited me back just yet. (Kidding) What a season!!!
Post a Comment