Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home at last...

(Sorry I'm just now updating my blog. It's been a busy week so far!)

Cody was released from the hospital Sunday afternoon. I've never been so happy to have him home as I was that afternoon. He stayed at home from school yesterday to rest and tried to start the daunting task of making up a week's worth of work and studying for the tests he missed.

He returned to school today. We decided to let him travel to Lubbock this afternoon with his basketball team for their last game. I decided to not go to the game tonight. I am exhausted... still. As much as I want to be at the game to support the team, I just need to stay home. I hope he will have a great trip and his team will play well. It's sad to see his season end. I feel he was cheated. I was cheated. I didn't get to watch him play as much as I wanted. I know I am being selfish. I know I am having a pity-party for myself. But it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Thanks to all of you who called, emailed, prayed, sent a card, and/or visited him while he was in the hospital. We really appreciate the concern and support you showed to Cody and us.

~jen

No comments: