Friday, February 13, 2009

Good News

Cody got his NG tube out this morning. I got to see a smile that I haven't seen in over a week. You don't even know how much that means. I've missed that smile more than anything.

His surgeon came this morning and said everything looks good. If he continues to do as well as he has, there is a chance we can go home tomorrow afternoon. Now that the tube is out, Cody can have anything that he can see through to eat... jello, juice, broth, Popsicles. Tomorrow, he gets to have solid foods. I noticed this morning while walking the halls with him that his leg muscles look smaller. I would imagine this has taken a toll on his body. He's ready to go home. I've promised him a chocolate cake. I'm ready to get home and bake him his chocolate cake.

I went home last night. It was my first trip home for more than an hour. I was stir crazy so I got caught up on folding laundry and tiding up my house. As much as I needed to sleep, I actually just needed something to do. I passed by Cody's room several times and each time my heart just broke. I am so ready to have him home in his bed. I am so ready for all of this to be past him so he can resume his life! He's missed out on so much already. I just pray that the rest of his freshman year will be uneventful! I am so ready to be able to cook a meal for my family. I am so ready for Caden to have a normal life again. He's been shuffled from place to place, spent more hours than he wanted to cooped up in a hospital room.... but he's done it all without one complaint.

Hopefully it won't be much longer and things will return to normalcy (well... as normal is for our family!). :)

I'll update later tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, thanks for keeping us informed with your blog. We've had Cody and you all in our thoughts and prayers. God has really answered our prayers for him. I'm relieved that he is doing so well.
You all have so much to be thankful for. Just when we think we have more than we can handle God gives us one more thing just to prove us wrong. But it can also show us how truly blessed we are and what is truly important.
love you all, Luann