Last night I decided that I would like a bag of popcorn to munch on while reading some new library books. (FYI... I will finally be updating the "What I'm reading now/finished reading" section of my blog... I know... the suspense... you can't wait to find out, can you!?!)
Anyway... back to the popcorn. For whatever reason I also decided at that very moment I started the microwave that I needed to go look quickly (quickly is the key word) for something to wear for tonight's holiday office parties (we have mine and Mike's this evening!). Apparently, I wasn't quick enough. I should have known that I could have spent a good 20 minutes searching my closet for something to wear and still come out empty handed. I entered the kitchen to find a horrible, back-grey cloud of smoke escaping my microwave. I debated. Open the door, grab the bag of popcorn, run it outside. OR... grab the microwave, run it outside. Well, during these stressful, economic times... it is much cheaper, economical... to replace a bag of burnt popcorn tossed outside, than hurling a smoking microwave outside! And believe me, I was so mad at myself that I really wanted to throw that microwave out the back door! Instead, sanity won. I took a deep breath, opened the microwave door, grabbed the HOT bag of smoking popcorn, tried to seal it up as best as I could... but remember, it was HOT... and then run as quickly as I could to the garage. I come back in to hear both my children and my husband yelling, What's burning? Is there a fire? What's burning? I calmly screamed... I BURNT THE POPCORN! The response from my husband.... "why did you do that... why didn't you just use the "popcorn" button on the microwave, then you wouldn't have burnt the popcorn". He didn't get a reply. He got a look.
I opened the kitchen window, grabbed another bag of popcorn, started the microwave, stood firmly in place in front of the microwave, counted seconds between every little pop, filled my bowl, grabbed my library books, and settled into my bed. 45 minutes later, Mike opens the door to our bedroom and yells.... "The whole house stinks like burnt popcorn! If you had only used the popcorn button on the microwave!". No reply... only a look.
12 hours later... my house still smells like burnt popcorn! Ughh.
My advice... use the popcorn button on your microwave!
~jen
1 comment:
everyone burns something. before lee and i got married i was cooking those mini corndogs. well i did the same thing you did. i still hear about it whenever we get with his old roommate. so be prepared.
tara
Post a Comment