It's quiet in my house now.
We've had a great Christmas Eve together. We attended a candlelight service at our church. It was probably one of the most beautiful events I've ever attended. The church we attend has several hundred members and the auditorium was packed this evening. Towards the end of the service, the lights were turned completely off. The only light in the auditorium came from several candles burning from the pulpit. Displayed above us on the ceiling were special effect lights that resembled a star-filled sky. Slowly, one by one, we all lit our candles and sang Silent Night. It was beautiful. What a blessing it was to attend this service. What a reminder of what Christmas is all about.
Right now is probably one of my favorite moments of the evening. It's quiet. Everyone is asleep. It took well over an hour to get Caden to bed and asleep. He's one excited little boy.
Everything has been prepared. Everything is laying in it's proper, planned out place... just waiting for 2 special boys to wake up in the morning and enter the living room. What excitement awaits. I almost want to sleep on the couch so I can catch their first reactions.
I hope they will be excited.
Merry Christmas Eve to you all...
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment