We had Caden's meet and greet tonight at his elementary school. His teacher is very nice, very quiet, a little soft-spoken... she reminds me a lot of Cody's kindergarten teacher from Groom. Caden found his name on his table and found his chair. I was able to get a quick picture of him. He was very excited all day, watching the clock until it was time to go.He seemed to change from a little boy to a big boy right before my eyes as we walked through the front doors of the school. I held my tears until we walked into his classroom, and then it hit. I was trying really hard not to cry. I guess I've been more focused on Cody and his upcoming first day and maybe I have been suppressing my emotions about Caden starting school. But it hit. Right in the middle of Caden's classroom. Thankfully Caden didn't notice. Mike was helping Caden put away his school supplies. After Caden had spent enough time in his chair... he probably could have sat there for a while just taking everything in... he decided he was ready to go.
He's a big boy now. These 6 years have passed way to quickly.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment