Things around here have been a little hectic. Trying to get 2 boys ready for school has been hard! I think Caden is ready (other than a few things on his school supply list that I haven't been able to find). Cody's ready for his first day. All he needs is a spiral and a pen. Hopefully his school supply list should be getting easier now that he's in high school. We'll have to wait until he starts to find out what all he needs.
Mike's doing fine... just working and golfing. Nothing new with him. The countdown to the 2008-2009 football season has started. Only 2 1/2 more weeks until the opening game. Wahoo. Can you feel my excitement? :)
I'm doing ok. Things have been a little trying around here. I know you all are probably tired of the -my heart is breaking because my boys are starting kindergarten and high school posts- but it is really hard this school year. Both of them are experiencing milestones this school year. Each one alone is difficult, but to have both boys experiencing milestones, makes it so much harder.
We have Caden's meet and greet this Thursday evening. Hopefully that will make next Monday morning much easier. We'll meet his teacher, find his classroom, drop off his school supplies... hopefully that will help ease my anxiety a little. Caden's as cool as a cucumber. No worries, he's a big boy now. Of course, Cody is as cool as ever... especially with his cool new Top Gun-ish mirrored sunglasses... he's Mr. Freshman. Ready for everything... bring it on. He's having a back to school/movie night party at our house this weekend. I am really excited. I want him and his friends to feel welcome in our home, to know that it is a safe place to hang out, and it's a place where they can come and have fun. I remember my group of friends from high school having movie nights at each other's houses. Those were some great memories. I'm excited for Cody to have those moments to remember. I'm glad that I get to experience them as a parent. Of course, I'd love to call up some old friends and relive one of those movie nights! :)
I have one special request. Please remember the boys in your prayers (not just my boys but all the kiddos starting school) as they begin school next week. Pray for their safety; pray that they learn to their best ability; pray for their teachers, that they may be patient, nurturing, loving teachers; and pray for those moms and dads who are watching their precious children begin new adventures, that they will have faith that their children will be educated, loved, nurtured, and safe while at school, and that they (especially one mother in particular) will be able to let go without too many tears and that she will survive until 1:30 and 3:15 on that first day of school! :)
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment