Friday, January 18, 2008

I guess it's my turn next...

Well... it's Cody's turn to be sick. 1st was Caden and then Mike and now Cody. He has an upper respiratory infection. The strep test came back negative. I was sure he would have had strep since he had the symptoms. But, he didn't. He started an antibiotic this afternoon. Luckily it's just a five day dose of antibiotic, so hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.

Cade's doing much better. Mike's doing better, too. I don't know who's worse to take care of... him or the boys! :)

Caden will start basketball in the morning. He was invited to join a team from Ridgecrest, so he will have his first game at 8:00 in the morning. Yes... I said 8:00 in the morning! Wow... on a Saturday... yikes! I'll be sure and get some pictures and possibly a video. It should be quite interesting!

Cody had a basketball game Thursday night. Crockett won, but just barely. The game was back and forth all night and at one point we were down about 10 points, but the boys came together and pulled out a win. Cody didn't have the best game, spent a good portion of the game on the bench because he had a turnover. I wish Cody had more fun playing basketball than being stressed out about potentially making a mistake.

He and I went to the town club Wednesday night. I love the way the club is laid out because part of the upper floor overlooks the lower floor gym. So after my work-out on the treadmill I walked the track above the gym and could see Cody playing. He looked like he was having such a great time and was nailing shot after shot. He was playing with grown men with wide ranges of skill and was holding his own for most of their game. I wish he had that kind of fun during his school games. He only has a few more games left, so hopefully he will make the best of them, learn to relax some, and most importantly have fun!

Guess this is all for now. Mike just walked in from work. Have a blessed weekend.
~jen

No comments: