Christmas
Here we are 6 days away from Christmas. I have just about finished up all the shopping. I was at JC Penney's last night until 10:15. I asked the poor sales associate what time they closed and she said midnight. Ouch. I am so glad my retail days are done! All I have left to do is wrap a few gifts. Yea! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
This is the part of the holiday I don't like. All of the running around, getting frustrated, trying to get everything ready... sometimes I think I lose the true meaning of Christmas in all the hype. I am really hoping that Mike and I (and possibly the boys... I haven't decided on them yet) can get away this Friday evening and spend some quality time together. As much as I would like for it to be a family event... I can't even remember the last time Mike and spent an evening out by ourselves. We'll see what happens...
Reality Time
Well as you may (or may not) have noticed, I haven't posted any weight loss updates over the past couple months. I had hoped to have lost 30 pounds by Christmas and since I am quite sure I won't loose that much between now and next Tuesday... I'm not going to make this goal. There has been so much stress over the past few months... from 2 kidney procedures to changing jobs (Excuses?...probably, valid excuses?... maybe.) that I've lost my focus. My will-power is still there and I am sure it will be greatly renewed as we get closer to the new year and the ever-dreaded New Year Resolutions. So... I'll start over and make another goal and see where I end up!
I hope everyone is well and able to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. Hopefully those who still have shopping to do will finish soon so you can relax a little!
I'll post again soon...
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment