Cadenism #1
Last week Caden went on a field trip with his pre-school to go Christmas shopping for all of us (Mike, Cody, Boomer, and I). I had been reminding Caden before the shopping trip that he has to keep his gifts a secret. He can't tell us what he got us. Mike said when he picked him up from pre-K last week that Caden started telling him what he got me, Cody, and Boomer. But he didn't tell what he got Mike. Mike said that Caden got really quiet for a few minutes and he asked Mike all serious like... "Dad, do you drink coffee?" Mike asked "why do you want to know?"... and Caden said... "I just want to know if you drink coffee... that's all." Mike said "no" and Caden replied with "oh" and nothing else was said about the coffee issue.
Caden brought home is wrapped gifts today. He was so excited to place them under our tree. He began telling me that he got Boomer a bone. He held up my gift and said "this one is for you" and smiled. He then brought me Mike's gift and asked... "Mom, does Daddy drink coffee?". I told him no, that Daddy doesn't drink coffee. The saddest look came over his face. "But I got Daddy a coffee cup for Christmas." I assured him that Mike could put his pens in it or even some candy in it and keep it on his desk at work. This seemed to make Caden happy. Boy... I swear Mike better make the biggest fuss over that coffee cup on Christmas morning!
Cadenism #2
Mike and I have been "warning" Caden a lot lately that Santa only comes to see good boys and girls. We've even had to take it a bit further because Caden has been going through a very stubborn streak lately and we've had to "warn" Caden that Mommy and Daddy will start taking his gifts away (yes... I know it's horrible... but one can only deal with Caden up to a point before you start using the threats... aka "warnings"!)
Today Caden brought home his gifts for us and placed them under our tree. This afternoon, I overheard Mike getting onto Caden about something he was doing. Of course Caden became upset and replied to Mike... "That's not nice, Daddy." (This is Caden's new response when someone is getting onto him... "you're not nice".) Caden finished the comment with... "If you are not nice to me, I am going to take your gift away!" He was so matter of fact and very serious. I guess what goes around comes around!
1 comment:
I love that!! :) I guess we say that at school a lot too. I just love that boy!
Post a Comment