Wednesday, November 21, 2007

With a Thankful Heart

Today I spent a few quiet minutes thinking about all that I have to be thankful for. There are so many to list... too many to list. Which means that I am blessed... blessed beyond measure.

I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am so very thankful for my husband and my 2 beautiful boys. I am thankful for my family and for Mike's family. I am thankful for my wonderful friends, especially my dear friend Renay. I have a roof over my head, a warm heater, food in the refrigerator, and cars in my driveway. We truly have so much to be thankful for.

I came across this Thanksgiving prayer and thought it was perfect...

Thank you, Lord, for the song of birds,
For the smell of roses,
unexpected, kind words.
Thank you, Lord, for a child's smile.
For the laughter of friends,
time savored in the while.
Thank you, Lord, for the little things
that mean so much to me.
For the new hope of mornings,
the softness of the night
and the knowing that I am free.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving,
~jen

No comments: