Monday, November 12, 2007

First Day and Other Stuff

Well, today was day #1 at Worth the Wait. I only observed today and it was overwhelming to say the least, but I loved it. I went to Amarillo High today... which was so surreal walking through those halls! After a few periods of the same lesson, I really got to looking at the kids in the class and couldn't help but think... this is going to be Cody next year.... sitting in high school.... listening to his mom talk about STD's. No just kidding... I could never do that to him! :)
Seriously, I really think I am going to like this job. I am so excited. I know that once I get the lessons down, and feel comfortable with them, and get in front of my first class... I am going to do fine. If you could only see the smile on my face... you'd know how happy I am about this job!

Other stuff...
I went to the urologist last week for my follow up. Everything remains the same. I still have a stone in the right kidney, about 5 mm in diameter at this time. The left kidney was clear. Dr. Pate said we could just hang out for a while and see what happens with the stone or we could treat it. He ordered some labs and said to come back in 4 months. I am seriously considering having the stone taken care of sometime over the next few weeks. Financially, it makes sense. I've met my deductible, so I might as well get it over this year. I plan on calling Dr. Pate in the next few days and see when he's available.
I had to take Caden to the doctor today. He has an upper respiratory and sinus infection. His throat and ears were clear. Thank goodness. We've started an antibiotic and a cough medicine. He doesn't act like he's sick, just a little run down. Hopefully he (and we) will sleep well tonight.
Guess this is all for now.
Love,
~jen

No comments: