Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Love, Love, Love My Job!

This week I have been teaching the high school lessons all by myself. I have to say that I truly love this job! Monday and Tuesday I went to a local high school located in the north-east part of town. I have to admit that I was very nervous about teaching at this school. After all it has it's own daycare for the students to leave their children while attending school. It's a very poor area of Amarillo where there are a number of issues that these children face day to day. But... it was such a blessing to talk to these kids. Granted probably 75% of them were already sexually active and a number of kids in each class already had a child of their own. Hopefully there was one who listened. Hopefully I made a difference to one child. It was quite an eye-opening experience, especially after touring the daycare facility on the campus.

This morning I traveled to just outside Amarillo to a K-12 school and taught. It was a great day, too. As the days go by, I've gotten more comfortable getting in front of the class and presenting these lessons. The kids are mature (for the most part... so far I've only taught high school kids), respectful, and want to learn.

Today I even had a little thought... I wonder what all would be involved in going back to school to pursue a degree in education? It's just a little thought... pushed way back there... just something to ponder and think about. :)

Hopefully everyone reading this is well, your families are well. We are all doing fine... just living life day-to-day. Both boys are healthy. Cody is staying busy with basketball. This week was a bye-week, his first official game will be next week. Caden's doing wonderful. He's adjusting to attending daycare a little more than he (or I) would like... but he's doing well. Mike's fine. Nothing new with him. And me... I love, love, love my new job! :)

~jen

No comments: