Monday, July 16, 2007

Curfews

Well, I posted something about Caden earlier, now it's Cody's turn.

Curfews. Most of us had them growing up. Mine in high school was midnight. And I remember on more than one occasion calling my dad in the middle of the night (at approx 11:58) and asking for more time. Where do we as kids learn this?

Even Cody has caught on to the curfew bargaining.

Conversation:
Me: Cody, you need to be home at 8:00.
Cody: How about 8:30?
Me: No, I said 8:00.
Cody: Why? How about 8:20?
Me: 8:00 Cody
Cody: Mom, please. Let's negotiate. 8:15?
Me: OK let's negotiate.... be home at 7:45.
Cody: I'll be home at 8:00.

I swear this kid's going to be a lawyer someday!

~jen
(By the way, it's 8:05 and Cody's just walking in the door!)

1 comment:

~renay~ said...

Jen,

I never disobeyed my parents....I always came home on time and never made them worry. HA HA!!! That is my story that I am sticking to with Tyler, because I know that we will be in the same situation you are before too long.

LOL~Renay