Friday, July 20, 2007

2nd place finish

Here are some pictures of Cody from today's golf tournament in Pampa. He placed 2nd with a score of 79, 8 over par. He played really well the whole day. Currently, he is in 8th place within the North Texas PGA Junior Golf Foundation West Texas Boys, ages 12-13 (this does not include today's win; the standings should be updated within a week or so.). He has one last NTPGA tournament at the end of the month at La Paloma. Since this is his "home course", hopefully he will finish strong.

Next week he will play in the La Paloma Junior Club Championship. This tournament is for members only. He is really excited about this tournament. He knows this course front and backwards, and improves every time he plays.

He has a 3 day tournament coming up the first week of August at Ross Rogers for the Amarillo Junior Championship. This will be a l-o-n-g tournament for both of us! Hopefully he will finish the tournament season on a high note! As much as I have enjoyed watching him play, I have to be honest and say that I am ready for the tournament season to end! I am exhausted, and I am not even the one playing!

Cody finished basketball camp yesterday. He learned a ton, said he did about a 1000 push-ups, and overall had a good time. He received a second place ribbon for lay-ups.

Football camp starts next week! BUSY....BUSY....BUSY! :)

~jen











3 comments:

~renay~ said...

Wow....Cody did GREAT!!! WAY TO GO CODY!!! He is such a great athelete. I know you are so proud of his accomplishments. I love you & hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jen, for sharing your stories of the boys on your blog! I love reading them....and I'm so amazed at how much Cody looks like his dad in these golfing pictures!
(you do a great job in capturing some great shots, by the way!).
Anyway, tell Cody congratulations for us! We're proud of all his accomplishments!
Love,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Great job Cody for all your sports endeavors. We are so proud of you for this and just for being you and our grandson. Love you, Pawpaw and Mimi