Saturday, May 19, 2007

Latest Converstations with Caden

Here are just a few of the conversations Caden and I have had over this past week:

- While out shopping for a few gifts Caden asked me, "are you sure you are my mommy?". At that very moment of keeping Caden from completly destroying a display of Veggie Tales DVD's, I thought to myself the same thing!

- During the same shopping experience, and after our second stop on my errand list, Caden asks (in complete desperation) "how many more errands do we have to do...2 or 65?".

-Yesterday on the way to daycare Caden and I had the following conversation:
Caden: Can we have a baby... like baby Hope (Cade's newest cousin)?
Me: Why do you want us to have another baby?
Caden: Because I want everyone to see her.
Me: You want us to have a baby girl?
Caden: NO, no girl, just a boy and I want to name him Boomer (our dog's name).
Me: I'm sorry Caden but we are not going to have any more babies. Mommy and Daddy have you and Cody and that is all the babies we are going to have.
Caden: (he's not giving up on this one!) How 'bout you have another baby when Cody's grown up?
Me: (thinking... Are you crazy!?!) No, Caden, no more babies.
Caden: (defeated) OK, mommy.

While at Hoffbrau the other night Caden saw a man who was disabled. This man did not have any legs from the hips down and he walked with this arms and hands. My goodness.... Caden's eyes lit up and he all but did a double take at this man as he was walking out of the door (which of course was less than 2 feet directly in front of us). I held my breath because I knew this child of mine was about to say something....out loud... within ear shot of everyone around us and of course the disabled man walking out the door. Caden turned to me in sheer amazement, eyes wide open and mouth open ready to form the word "cool". Luckily he could see the look on my face letting him know that he needed to just keep his mouth closed... so he just smiled at me. I don't think I have ever breathed a sigh of relief as loud as that one! :)

~jen

1 comment:

~renay~ said...

Cade is such a funny little boy...I love hearing all of the CADISMS. 8-)