Sunday, January 28, 2007

Surreal Moment

This past Friday night we went to watch the Amarillo High Sandies Varsity Basketball team play. Cody's basketball team was introduced at half-time. The introduction was short.... "In the crowd tonight we have the Crockett Pioneers 7th grade boys basketball team ...take a stand, boys". That was it. It wasn't quite what Cody or the kids thought it was going to be. But, it was a special introduction nonetheless.

I spent the majority of the game thinking back to my days as a Sandie. It seems in some ways that it was just yesterday that I was in high school, but then it seems like it was so... so... so long ago (14 years ago, this year. Ouch!) It was kind of surreal sitting in the gym. I can remember the pep-rallies and the games and how much fun it was to be in high school. I think back to all the friendships that have been lost through losing touch over the years. There are days where I wish I could go back. Is that silly? I miss the fun, the friendships, the FREEDOM!!!! It's silly, I know.

~jen

1 comment:

Keri said...

Not one bit silly!!