I need to vent. This probably isn't the best place to do this, but right now I need to vent. Can I just tell you how much I hate cleaning. I know hate is a very strong word. But it is the most appropriate word for how I feel about cleaning. I can clean all day, (and by "all day", I mean all day) and wake up the next morning and no one can tell that I cleaned the day before. Can someone please explain to me how when I am in bed at night, 3 individuals can totally destroy a perfectly clean house?
I woke up this morning at 6:45 to find play-dough scattered over half the living room. Let's just say I am still not happy right now. I ended up throwing away 8 containers of play dough and digging about half a container of play dough out of the carpet. Caden was smart enough this morning to not say one word to me while I was cleaning up the mess. I kept my cool (New Year's resolution) and calmly explained to Caden that once play dough is left out all night it is ruined and has to be thrown away. His response, "That's OK mama; we'll get some more at the store". I just smiled, still keeping my cool.
I have heard stories on the Today Show/Good Morning America about wives and mothers who go on strike from cleaning. Honestly, I don't think anyone around here would care if I stopped cleaning. I realized yesterday while doing dishes that I was missing some glasses. I found 8, EIGHT, glasses in Cody's room. (Which probably explains the strange odor I noticed while in there.) I just turned out of his room (which right now you can't even see the carpet) and closed the door.
(I know my mom is reading this and thinking, I remember a little girl whose room was always a mess. Yes mom, I know, and now it is coming around full circle!) :)
So, what's the solution? I have no idea. Since I am treated like a maid (it's really not that bad, but that's how I feel right now) maybe I should start charging for my services!
OK, I'm through venting.... I've got cleaning to get to. :)
~jen
1 comment:
Amen sister!!!
Post a Comment