Saturday, January 13, 2007

Slingbox

My husband has a new toy. It is called a Slingbox. Here's how it works. You attach these sensors to your directv box and then one has the capability of watching directv anywhere there is a computer with an internet connection. One loads up the program on their computer, a remote pops up on the screen, you type in the channel you want to watch, and wha-la you're watching TV on the computer. (I know this is a very simple explanation, but this is the best you get from someone who has no knowledge of electronic toys). Mike thinks this is best thing since sliced bread. However it now gives him the ability to control the TV even when he is not at home!

For example, today I am trying to re-live my glory days by watching a little 90210, when all of a sudden the channel changes to the Colts and Ravens football game. I immediately change the channel back, and not 3 seconds later I'm watching the football game again. This could go on and on, but I conceded and let him watch his football game (even though he was at work).

This scenario happened the other day with Caden. However, poor Caden did not find the humor in his daddy changing the channel from his office computer! He came into the kitchen almost in tears trying to explain to me that the TV kept changing channels and he couldn't watch his cartoons. I immediately picked up the phone, called Mike and told him to cut it out because Caden was about to have a nervous breakdown!

~jen

No comments: