Hi everyone. I hope all is well with each of you. We are doing ok. I took Caden back to the doctor this past Wednesday for another check-up. The main infection has cleared. All that remains is a small scar. He still has a few infected bumps on the back of his leg. We will continue to apply the topical antibiotic to them. We have an appointment with a dermatologist at the end of the month to talk about treatment options for the bumps. Our doctor cultured Caden's nose to see if the staph has colonized in his nose, or if it was just isolated to the infection in his leg. We should have the results by the first of next week. I didn't ask what happens if we get a positive result. Right now, I am just taking this day-by-day. I am not going to worry until I have something to worry about (see New Year's Resolution
# 10!). Other than a runny nose right now, he is doing ok.
Cody is well. His basketball team lost their 1st game last Wednesday night. It was a pretty good game (at least by my novice knowledge of the game). Cody played well. He told me in the car after the game that he could have played better though. I told him everyone has an off day and you just have to learn from it and try to do better. He just gave me that typical teen-ager stare and said sarcastically, "I know, mom". Good try on my part, right?
Things are going well with Mike at work. He has just gone back to work...like he never left. He seems to be enjoying it again.
I have decided to go to a part-time schedule starting the week after next. I am looking forward to only working 2 days a week. I think it will help in all aspects of my life. Caden will be able to stay at home more and out of day-care. I will be home more with the kids. It will be better for everyone.
Well, I guess this is all for now. Caden has woken up and claims he is starving. I guess I better get this little boy some breakfast before he withers away to nothing! :)
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment